Laptop Ownership Program
Parents and guardians of Grades 4 to 12 students enrolled at DSC may take advantage of this special offer.
- 3 years unlimited claim Accidental Damage Protection ( hardware repair without extra charge)
- 3 years on-campus hardware repair
- 3 years local and international warranty
- Software technical support including Windows re-installation if needed
- Loan a school laptop
1. Visit the following website: https://www.moss.com.hk/dsc/
2. Choose Elementary or Secondary, and agree to the Terms & Conditions.
3. Once you have entered the main shopping page, click Sign Up on the top right corner.
4. Complete the MOSS sign up process. You are required to fill out your name, personal email address, phone number and create a new password for MOSS.
5. After you have created a MOSS account, choose the model you want. When you click "Add to Cart", Norton 360 will automatically be added to the shopping cart. This is compulsory for all DSC students joining this program.
*optional, you may extend the warranty of the battery from 1 year to 3 years (HK$383), and it is under the Accessories column.
6. Before checkout, you will need to verify the student's DSC email, ID and Grade.
7. At checkout, click the shipping method to Taikoo Campus, then choose your payment method and the Producer Responsibility Scheme.
8. When the order has been confirmed and the payment has been settled, you may sign in to your Moss account to track your order status.
Loan School Laptop
Purchasing a laptop from Helix consider as joined the Laptop Ownership Program. The student has the option to borrow a school laptop while waiting for the new laptop or having the laptop out for repair. The student may visit the IT department to sign out a school laptop.
If the laptop purchased from this program has any software or hardware malfunction:
- Under warranty, current students may bring it to the IT department for repair. An IT Technician will investigate the case and see if the issue can be resolved immediately. If cannot, the IT Technician and the student will complete a maintenance form and leave the laptop with IT for further investigation or to make a service call to Lenovo. The student will be allowed to sign out a school laptop to use until his/her laptop is fixed. The student will be notified by email to collect the repaired laptop and return the loan laptop if one was signed out.
- Under warranty, withdrawn students may contact Lenovo directly for repair. Lenovo support can be found in the pre-installed app called Lenovo Vantage.
- Out of warranty, current students may bring it to the IT department for repair. An IT technician will investigate the case and see if the issue can be resolved immediately. If cannot, the student should inform his/her parents first and decide whether to purchase a new laptop or to repair the laptop with charges. The student will be allowed to sign out a school laptop to use until he/she owns a new laptop or have his/ her laptop fixed.
Option 1 - purchase a new laptop from Helix to continue the advantage of this program or purchase one from an outside store by following the BYOD Laptop Minimum Specifications.
Option 2 - leave the laptop with IT for a Lenovo technician to confirm the case. Then Lenovo will issue a quotation. The parent of the student may choose to sign the quotation and settle the payment directly to Lenovo to proceed with the laptop repair or choose not to sign the quotation and purchase a new laptop.
Further inquiry may contact DSC IT - 3658 0368 or Helix Hotline - 8208 8922